A FUTURE THAT'S BUILT TO LAST
Our earliest pump products earned a well-deserved reputation for durability — they were “built to last.” They still are, and we have applied the same principle to our company, our employees and the communities where we live and work. Our passion is to create a sustainable future, one that’s built to last.
More specifically, Gorman-Rupp companies are committed to advancing the health, safety and wellness of our employees, customers and communities by:
- Making a positive impact on our communities through philanthropy and social engagement;
- Reducing our impact on the environment through resource conservation and waste prevention;
- Treating all employees fairly, with dignity, and without discrimination — and expecting the same of our supply chain partners;
- Providing training and development programs that attract diverse, motivated employees and help them reach their full potential.
DEVELOPING OUR WORKFORCE
Perhaps because Gorman-Rupp is, at heart, an engineering-based company, we have a long-standing commitment to higher education and the advancement of knowledge. Paper records show that our 100% Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program dates back at least to 1974. Over the past 12 years, we have spent more than $1.5 million on this program, which has benefited 120 employees. And our commitment to education extends to the communities where we live and work.
Educational outreach efforts include:
- Financial and instructional support for the apprenticeship programs at North Central State College;
- Participation in National Manufacturing Day through the Regional Manufacturing Coalition, which introduces high school students to the job opportunities available in manufacturing;
- Financial support for the award-winning online business education programs at Ashland University;
- Financial support for The Ohio State University-Mansfield.
HELPING TO GROW A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY
The Gorman-Rupp Company consistently seeks ways to give back to the communities in which we live and work.
Recently we donated 12 acres of land to support the Mansfield Urban Farm project. This collaborative farmers market produces healthy food at a profit
for urban farmers, provides community gardening space, and introduces everyone to the benefits of fresh, healthy produce.
Gorman-Rupp employees volunteer weekly for the Reading Program at Mansfield, Ohio’s Sherman Elementary School.
REDUCING OUR IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
- Environmental Management Systems certified to the ISO 14000 standard
- Energy Recovery Through Flammable Waste Fuel Blending
- Automated lighting controls, programmable thermostats and reduced run time on pump tests to reduce our energy footprint
- Patterson Pump Company’s test lab is certified through the Hydraulic Institute’s Pump Test Lab Approval Program (PTLAP), demonstrating compliance to its established quality program, procedures, instrument calibration and pump testing capabilities at or above industry standards.